Content Management System (CMS) Based Design
A Content Management System (CMS) is a software that provides an easy means to allow users create and manage website and its content in no time. A CMS, basically, is a website maintenance tool for the non-technical users who want to easily update their websites with little training.
A CMS manages all the content of the website automatically. It keeps the record of each and every piece of information about the content that may include text, videos, documents, photos, music or just anything that you can imagine. It provides a mechanism for controlling documents, auditing, editing and timeline management.
A CMS has following capabilities:
- It has automated templates that can be used directly for existing or new content.
- It helps to manage access control by supporting user groups.
- Provides facility to expand single implementation across several domains.
- It separates the content from the visual presentation of the website, which makes it quite simpler to manage and edit the content.
- CMS includes plug-ins that helps to extend the functionality of the site.
- CMS includes the feature of Web standards upgrades.
- It helps to manage the work flow.
- CMSs act as a platform where content can be retrieved and worked on by one or by many authorized users.
- Content virtualization is possible with CMS where in user can work upon the virtual copy of the website.
- CMS has the ability to display the content in multiple languages.
Some of the most popular examples of CMS are Wordpress, Magento, Joomla & Prestashop. At Zolute we make use of all these trusted open source Content Management Systems to provide you with the best and quickly developed websites.
The Magento ecommerce system has been adopted by approximately 150,000 online retailers ranging from smaller ecommerce websites to large multinational businesses such as Harvey Nichols and Samsung.
WordPress is another open source content management system that was initially started as a blogging site but today it has transformed itself into a complete web software that is used to create a beautiful website or a blog. It supports thousands of plug-ins and themes that create a site that is at par with your imagination. It is completely customizable and can be used for almost everything.
Joomla is an award-winning and most popular content management system (CMS) of today's date, which enables you to easily create and build websites and powerful online or web enabled applications. Ease-of-use, extensibility, and being an open source has made Joomla a boon for the software developers.
The software provides over 310 built-in features including unlimited product inventory management, layered navigation, fully customizable templates, analytics and reporting, promotion rules, multi-store management, unlimited currencies and return management.